Sunday, October 25, 2009

My Favorite Time of Year is Here!

Fall! Finally...it's starting to cool off outside, our pear tree out back has its first few red leaves, football games are on t.v., and it's time for Decorating! Anyone who has ever been to my house knows that I love to decorate for Fall. Living in West Texas, we don't really have the kind of Fall I dream of (you know, like in "When Harry met Sally"...I LOVE the scenes of Central Park in the Fall. It is pure eye candy for me.) So...since I can't live in a place like that, I create my own Autumn! I usually start on September 1st. Honestly, I can't wait. Pumpkins and fall foliage just do something to me. Also, Autumn has a certain mood to it that suits me. Almost a slowing down, relaxing, cozy feeling. I am so thankful for the warm colors, the cool, crisp air, and the anticipation of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas coming!
We keep our Halloween "light".....staying away from any creepy, dark expressions. We try only to celebrate God's harvest time with pumpkins, and fun decorations. The kids have always dressed up and enjoyed "trick or treating" only at family and close friend's homes, and at the church carnival. This week, we look forward to our annual Pumpkin Carving to celebrate my husband's birthday. Then, I will make my special Caramel Apples, and Melba's Popcorn Balls, (a Stribling family favorite!)
Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I will be there (Central Park) on Thurs-Tues for the New York Marathon. I will send you a picture for blog decoration.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete