Saturday, September 9, 2017

  This year I decided to incorporate some of the empty frames that are sitting around in my studio into my fall decor!  They are all a little chippy and crackled.  Some are more than 30 years old.  They work well with the old birdcages I already had which have been sitting in the same place for so long that I almost forgot I had them.  In fact, I didn't buy anything new to do this mantle! (I must confess, I probably have more tubs of fall decor in my attic than Christmas tubs!)  But what's a girl to do?  The oranges, rusts, reds, golds and butterscotch colors along with black just make me swoon.  I call it a collection.  I am a Fall collector!
  The candles are battery operated with a remote control which is so nice!  No flame, and no having to open the birdcages to turn them on.  The little lights you see are actually silicone dipped so they have that lovely little flame shape, and brown wire!  I ordered them years ago from Kruenpepper Creek.  So tonight, even though it's going to be about 90 degrees here today, I will sit by the 'fire'  (real candles in the fireplace) and dream of the holiday season to come.
   For me, Autumn is filled with anticipation, thankfulness, reflection, and renewal.  I thank God for the peaceful feeling I get when making my home cozy for Fall.  It gives me a time to think about His bounty, His abundant blessings, and most of all His merciful Grace.  We really do have so much to be thankful for.
  I encourage each of you to find renewed appreciation for those things you have lying around; the things you may have taken for granted; the things that you may have walked by a hundred times and not given a thought to.  (I'm not just talking about decorations here, my friends.)
                                                                 Fall Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment